MicroBlog 2: Sober3.0
Three Years of Sobriety: A Checklist
1. I can’t believe it.
2. It’s flown by.
3. But also, it hasn’t.
4. It sometimes feels like it was a million years ago.
5. Go for a run.
6. Oddly, (or maybe not considering it was 2020), this Christmas was the hardest it’s been for me so far. I put it mostly down to homesickness, having not been to England for 18 months, and possibly stress.
7. Keep non-alcoholic beers in the fridge.
8. 1096 days and counting.
9. Write: where the only drinking done is fictional.
10. 99% of people I know drink, but I don’t, and it still seems weird.
11. Walk the dogs.
12. I occasionally dream that I’ve accidentally had a beer, and feel horribly guilty, only to wake up the following day and realise that it wasn’t real, and then feel irrational relief.
14. Failing that, tea.
15. After this Christmas, I’ve come to realise that I may never get fully used to being sober, and that this is a lifelong struggle, but that’s okay.
Here’s to another year without a drink!